Basically this pastorate was one of the biggest pastorates in the diocese. It consists of 16 branch churches. Considering the growth of the pastorate, in the year 2010 it was bifurcated into two pastorates namely Kodankulam and keerankulam. From April 2010 the new pastorate keerankulam was operated. At present Kodankulam pastorate has only five branch churches namely
The congregation in the Pastorate are:
Pastors who served in this pastorates:
|Rev.A.Peter||1975 - 1980|
|Rev. A. Jacob Chelliah||1980 - 1981|
|Rev. S.A.E. Joshuva||1981 - 1984|
|Rev. M.G.R. Sugumar||1984 - 1989|
|Rev. P.A. Jeyasingh||1989 - 1990|
|Rev. G.S.A. Packianathan||1990 - 1995|
|Rev. R.J. Ponnusamy||1995 - 1996|
|Rev. T.O.M. Goldwin||1996 - 2001|
|Rev. A.Fredrick Rathnaraj||2001 - 2003|
|Rev. M. Andrew Navaraj||2003 - 2004|
|Rev. G.Asirvatham Rajkumar||2004 - 2006|
|Rev. I. Samuel Prakash||2006 - 2008|
|Rev. T.J.K. Barnabas||2008 - 2011|
|Rev. C.E.T. Suresh Kumar||2011 - 2014|
Kodankulam TDTA Primary school was established in 1939 by CMS. Its recognition No.L.Dis 542/1939 dated 02.12.1939 DEO TIN (S) .
This church was by Rev. CTE Rhenius in 1941. At present 40 families are worshipping the Lord. The Mud church was demolished and the church is being built.
The foundation stone was laid on 26.05.1915 at 3.30 pm by Rev. EAL Moore. It was built 22 years and dedicated by Bishop Fredrick James Western on 01.10.1937. In 1995 Mr. D. Victor Selvaraj sponsored the flooring and converted into Mosaic. Further the church was renovated and rededicated by Rt.Rev. Dr. JJ Christdoss on 02.10.2011. On the same day the Golden Jubilee & Anantha Pandigai was celebrated. 75 families are at present worshipping.
This church was established during the time Bishop Neil and people were worshipping in a small tiny mud church. In 1964 the was constructed and in 1996 the tower was dedicated.
The church was founded in 1947. In 1996 Alter and tower was dedicated.
In the beginning of 19th Century Mr. S. Samuel & Mr. Swamidason accepted Jesus Christ as their Personal saviour.Mr. Nesamani, Mr. RV Arumainayagam, Mr. S. Siluvaimuthu, Mr. PS Joel Navamani were served as prominant Catechists. From 1970 Mr. Karunalaya, 1978 Mr. Rajamuthaiah were served as Catechist for the growth of the Church. In 1995 the church was renovated and tower was built. On the 21.02.2011 foundation stone was laid by Rev. TJK Barnabas for the extention of of the church and dedicated by Rt.Rev.Dr. Christdoss on 14.08.2012