Rev. C.T.E. Rhenius built a Church and opened it for worship on 16.6.1826. Bishop Corrie named it as Holy Trinity Church on 30th January 1836. Bishop Stephen Neill raised the status of the Church into a Cathedral. The Church at Samathanapuram was renovated, extended and rebuilt. The growing congregation in Vannarpettai needs a New Church which is in progress. The newly introduced projects through City Mission have its innovative methods in Evangelism.
The congregations in the Pastorate are:
Important Festival Days in the Pastorate
|Palayamkottai||1 May||1 May||1st Sunday in November|
|Samathanapuram||23 August||Holy Saturday||3rd Sunday in November|
|Kokirakullam||15 May||15 May||3rd Sunday in February|