Jacobpuram Pastorate emerged as a big landmark at the Southern end of Tirunelveli District, thanks to the lifelong labor of 3 early English Missionaries – The Rev. Ringle Towbe, the Rev. Charles Meet and the Rev. James Russel – who toiled hard in the alien soil for well over half a century (1806 – 1864). Iniitally, sometimes in 1905, a beautiful Church was built in Jacobpuram. The Church was extended and rededicated in 1967. The Parsonage came into existence on 25.01.1990.
25th of July is Celebrated as St. James Day, followed by Asanam. Church Events such as Gospel Work, Missionary Support, Weekly Gospel Work, Men, Women, and Young Girls Meetings, Conventions, Seminars, Harvest Festival, Sunday Class, Pastoral Thanksgiving Festival, IMS Sale, All-night Prayer, Fasting Prayers and Cottage Prayer Meetings are conducted regularly. There are 5 Primary Schools and Middle School in the Pastorate.
There are 19 congregations in the Pastorate: